Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Export screen problem

Jim Judges's profile picture

03 February 2016, 11:35

Hello fellow Maharians,

I have one user (file quota not full ~ 35%) who can't export any content because the usual Export screen does not provide the same view as usual. It appears in a strange plain HTML type view with no "Generate export" button - see image below. This is just one user, all other users appear to be okay. Has anyone else come across this problem and can anyone suggest a solution?:

export problem.png
All other users have the standard screen:

export okay.png

Thanks in advance,

Jim

steve P's profile picture

03 February 2016, 13:57

Jim, ask the user to clear their browser cache or try from another browser. It looks like the CSS (formatting) is not being applied to that page in the screenshot, hence why you can't see the button...

03 February 2016, 21:15

Thanks for the suggestion Steve, however I think it must be more than that in this case.

If I login as myself I view my export screen and button perfectly well, if I use Admin to login as this user in the same browser I view the non-formatted page without the button - even after clearing any cache. Returning to my own account or logging in as another user in the same browser gives me the regular Export screen.

Thanks,

Jim

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

04 February 2016, 8:47

Hello Jim,

Mhh. That is mysterious. It doesn't even look like the "Raw" theme. What version of Mahara are you on? I haven't been able to replicate it in Mahara 15.04.

Did you make any customizations to the theme you are using on that account? Maybe there is a problem with how it deals when masquerading. Can you please switch the theme for that user? Do you have the same problem on your test server?

Cheers

Kristina

04 February 2016, 11:29

Hi Kristina,

It is strange as it only affects this one user. I don't think it's connected to masquerading as the user also has the problem when viewing their export page.

I tried switching theme and that didn't seem to help - the same problem appears.

We are on version 15.04.05 but we also had the problem with 15.04.01 (possibly earlier!)

It's not urgent but a little frustrating and I just wondered if anyone else had seen this issue. We have ~1300+ active users and this is the only account that we have come across that has this problem.

We have a test-server but this does not have the same set-up, accounts or data so hard to compare at the moment.

Best wishes to you and thanks for your suggestions so far.

Jim

Robert Lyon's profile picture

04 February 2016, 14:21

Hi Jim,

Could the problem be that the user has a page with some special code in it that is causing issue on the export page. I believe the export page loads up some page data as part of the 'preview' option.

If one of the user's pages may have some malformed html or javascript which might break things.

Can you view the user's pages via masquerading to see if any look broken?

Robert

steve P's profile picture

04 February 2016, 15:21

Jim, while the search is on for a cause, you could try using the bulk export tool to export that particular eP:

http://manual.mahara.org/en/15.10/administration/experimental.html?highlight=bulk%20export

04 February 2016, 20:58

Thanks Robert and Steve, both useful suggestions.

Some malformed data is a good suggestion, however with 500 pages+ to check it may take a little while to track down.

The bulk export is also worth trying but I will test this first and then attempt export for this single user.

Thanks again for support and ideas I will report back when I have had chance to follow this up.

Jim

8 results