Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Issue with import/export pages between different accounts: Teacher export a page to be imported by a group of students

Mario Gharib's profile picture

26 January 2016, 20:52

Dear Maharares,

I hope you are all doing fine and having a great time!

I wanted to share with you the following.
We are facing the following issue: 

A teacher wanted to give a group of students a portfolio assignment. So what the teacher & the students did was the following:

1. The teacher created a page with a certain design,
  2. The teacher exported this page and send it to a group of students,
  3. The students downloaded this page and imported to their accounts in order to work on this page.

The issue was the system gave the students the choice to replace their names by their teacher's name, in other words, the teacher didn't include his name in this page, he just created a design for this page,

This is an example of what is happening during the import process, the system suggest that the student Mario Gharib can replace/ignore/append first & last name by the teacher's name!

slide1.png

Is their a way, when a teacher export a page and when the students import this page, to prevent his name from being exported in his page ?

Your assistance would be a great beenfit

Mario Gharib.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

26 January 2016, 22:26

Hello Mario,

Thanks for writing what your teacher did. The fix is easy: The teacher shouldn't export their page and ask the students to import it. Rather, since they are all on the same Mahara instance I assume, the teacher can make their page copyable (in the "Advanced options" on the "Edit access" screen) http://manual.mahara.org/en/15.10/portfolio/share.html#advanced-options

Then the students can go to the page and click the "Copy" button (assuming you run Mahara 15.04 or 15.10; your screenshot looks like from Mahara 15.10) and the page is placed into their portfolio. :-)

Cheers

Kristina

Mario Gharib's profile picture

03 February 2016, 23:46

Dear Kristina,

Thank you again for the tips !!! 

Wish you a blessed day,

Mario Gharib

3 results