Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
poodll functionality in Mahara

Eric Simard's profile picture

20 January 2016, 10:14

Good morning!

I was wondering if anyone have been able to have poodll integrated in Mahara somehow.

I tried to see if there was other option to be able to record audio/video within tinymce and poodll seems to be the only options. But I am unable to find out if it can be added to Mahara itself.

Any ideas on how such functionality could be integrated?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 January 2016, 16:15

Hello Eric,

I'm not aware of that functionality working in Mahara. Audio / video recordings would certainly be a great addition.

If you'd like to file a wishlist item, you can do so at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+filebug

Cheers

Kristina

21 January 2016, 5:29

Done!

I also contacted the Poodll developper to see what his tought are on this.
I will follow up when i get a reply.

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

01 March 2016, 12:31

Hey Eric,

anything from Justin over at poodll? I think he is busy but you never know.

02 March 2016, 9:52

Good morning!

Sorry I completly forgot to give an update, this is what he said:

Hi Eric

Thanks for getting in touch. 
Its certainly possible, but it would be a project that would require some development time. So we would need to work out funding for it. Do you think your institution would be prepared to fund such a project?

And

To be honest I just do not have much experience with Mahara so its a wee bit tricky to say. 

Perhaps a good start would be if you could tell me in a little detail how you would like to use PoodLL in Mahara.
And then I will do some research on what it would take to implement that.  Then we won't be guessing.

To which I completly forgot to reply and I am doing that now and will point to this forum, hopefully will hear from him here.

03 March 2016, 7:57

Hello Dirk and Eric,

We are going to investigate the recording of audio (potentially video) very shortly. Ideally, it would be HTML5 based so it can also be done on mobile devices and doesn't require Flash which is being phased out by browsers in general. We'll keep you posted when we know more.

Cheers

Kristina

16 March 2016, 10:51

Hello,

You can find the results from our initial investigation on the wiki. Please let us know what you think, if you've heard of other possibilities or prefer a certain approach to continue the discussion.

Cheers

Kristina

17 March 2016, 3:42

It sounds good to me, I do not have any preference except for ease of use. Let me know if I can help.

19 March 2016, 3:36

I kept communication with the poodll developper and pointed him to your results and his comment was:

"Whoever did that nailed it pretty well."

13 April 2016, 14:06

Hi Eric,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thanks for sharing our idea with the PoodLL developer and sharing his feedback. It's always good to know what others think. We'll take this topic up again after the 16.04 release.

Cheers

Kristina

10 results