Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Mahara block external link

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

24 May 2016, 15:40

Hello Ryan,

Great that you could work it a couple of options that would do the trick.

Since you are the expert in Mahara to Moodle, maybe you can help me. :-) So when I set up Mahara to Moodle, I set the auth method in Mahara to Moodle and then users would need to log in via MNet. When I'm on Moodle, I can click the link back to Mahara and get the login form, but it won't accept my login and password that I had set earlier for the account because as soon as I choose the MNet auth method, I can't set a password anymore since it's now considered an external auth method.

How did you get around that?

Thank you

Kristina

Rick Johns's profile picture

25 May 2016, 8:14

Hi Kristina

I am not sure if you are talking to Ryan or to Rick (me!) .. but anyway, I think you are experiencing the same problem I had to start with - when I was just using a URL link to go back from Moodle to Mahara.

Using the actual link generated by Moodle to log out seemed to cure this in my case. This link is of the format http://your-site.com/moodle/login/logout.php? Forcing Moodle to logout seems to actively take you back from whence you came

Additionally we run our Mahara and Moodle on the same server (and in fact on the same domain) so I am sure that helps keep authentication less problematic.

I think it would be a useful fix for a future to have a back link added from Moodle to Mahara in this situation (but I guess there are lots more things ahead in the queue!). Also I don't know if that is something for Moodle to do and not Mahara??

Rick

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

25 May 2016, 13:23

Hello Rick,

Sorry about the name mix-up. We are not going to make changes to MNet unless the work is sponsored because MNet will go away (and most use Moodle -> Mahara). Yes, Moodle (and thus we) has been saying that for quite some time already. We, i.e. the Mahara team, is getting closer to that day.

• Web services are in core Mahara
  • We are working on the connection manager to make configuration easier. It is in our review system.
  • Making SAML part of core Mahara is also in review
  • We are working on the first draft for the assignment submission plugin functionality not requiring MNet.

These are the big items for us to take care of to making MNet going away a closer reality.

Cheers

Kristina

13 results