Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Artefact cloud - admin blank screen

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 December 2015, 0:59

hi all,

I finally managed to update my Mahara 1.8.1 to the new version (15.10.1) and I'm facing some errors:

The following plugins are installed but can no longer be found: 
artefact:cloud, 
artefact:europass, 
artefact:ilps, 
blocktype:cloud/dropbox, 
blocktype:cloud/googledrive, 
blocktype:europass/europasscv, 
blocktype:europass/europassfield, 
blocktype:europass/europasslp, 
blocktype:europass/mylanguages, 
blocktype:ilps/ilps.  
Please make sure all your installed plugins are available under /home/eportfolio/public_html/ and readable by the webserver.

Seems that all these components are part of Artefact:Cloud plugin, so I tryed to install it via FTP and the error message disappear. The problem is I can't access the admin page now.

I also tryed to follow the instructions inside the plugin folder (add js path to view/blocks.php) but it doesn't work.

I hope someone got the same error and can tell me how to solve it. Thanks in advice

Kevin Rickis's profile picture

03 December 2015, 4:08

Hi whirl,

I'd check that the user and group preferences of the folder that you uploaded are the same as the other folders inside artefacts. You should be able to see this in your FTP client.

Kevin

Account deleted

03 December 2015, 7:13

Hi Kevin, thanks for your answer. 

I checked  but seems to be alright, probably the plugin is very old and it isn't compatible with Mahara 15.10.1

Patric Lougheed's profile picture

03 December 2015, 4:45

The cloud plugin has not worked for quite a few versions now... the developer is aware of this and we wait for an update. The ilps has not been maintained for a few years and will not work with the newer builds of Mahara.

I just remove the directories and let Mahara disable the plugins.

Account deleted

03 December 2015, 7:24

Hi Patric, thanks for your answer.
I was afraid this was the problem, I'll follow your advice then.

Do you know if there are other plugins like this, with same functionality?

Patric Lougheed's profile picture

03 December 2015, 8:39

The Europass plugin seems to have been updated for 15.04 so should work with 15.10:

https://github.com/povsod/mahara-artefact-europass

I have not found any plug-ins that give the cloud file sharing function. I have an Owncloud server as well and would love to see a webdav plug-in.

For embedding things like Soundcloud there is the embedly plug-in which I am testing on my dev instance now:

https://github.com/povsod/mahara-blocktype-embedly

Account deleted

03 December 2015, 12:29

Thank you Patric,

I installed the Europass plugin and it seems to work well (I didn't get any error and the admin page is still accessible).

Cheers
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 December 2015, 12:51

Hi,

Gregor posted on Twitter that he's updated the Cloud plugin for Mahara 15.04: https://twitter.com/anzeljg/status/673917996272873472 and that he's working on it for Mahara 15.10.

Please note that you may have to take a closer look at any plugin that you install that doesn't explicitely state that it works already for Mahara 15.10. We moved to Bootstrap and thus all CSS and HTML has changed and potentially some other things might be a bit wonky as well. At minimum you may have to change some styles.

Cheers

Kristina

8 results