Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Group Submissions

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

10 February 2016, 8:03

Hello Melinda,

I tested a tutor viewing a submitted portfolio and don't have a problem seeing it in my Mahara 15.10. Since I can't see your settings, I don't know what you might be missing.

The only thing I could think of is that the user's account got deleted entirely. Could you please check that? If that is not the case, it might be good to give it another test:

1. Set up a test group that includes the tutor role.
  2. Make sure that somebody else is admin and that you have the tutor role in the group.
  3. Add a third account as member to the group.
  4. As that third person (or admin account should be fine, too), log into Mahara and submit a page to the group.
  5. Log in as yourself and click the link to the submitted portfolio. You should see it.

There aren't any hidden settings that I can think of that would prevent you as tutor from seeing the portfolio page.

Cheers

Kristina

10 February 2016, 9:24

Hi Kristina,

Thanks for your help!  Again!  I figured it out.  The submission must have been archived because when I submitted a new portfolio it worked!

Thank you,

Melinda

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

10 February 2016, 10:30

Hello Melinda,

Great that it works again. If the submission was archived, it would not show up in the list of submitted portfolios though as it would have been released and released portfolios are not listed.

Keep an eye on it and see how it goes. :-)

Cheers

Kristina

11 February 2016, 22:05

Hello Melinda,

Have you set all your group members to "Tutors"?.

In fact in your group you have different roles which are the following:

• admin of the group (I presume that you are): the person who has created the group and can edit all the group's parameters
  • tutors: they are special members of the group. In a school it maybe the teachers. They can't edit much parameters in the group settings but they are enabled to comment on pages submitted by normal members (aka students) of this group
  • students: they are basic group members; they work together according to what they are allowed to do in the group. These rights are set up by the group admin. As persona they can submit personal ePortfolio pages or collection to the group for evaluation by admin and/or tutors

Hope this helps

D. JAN

12 February 2016, 3:56

Hello D. JAN,

Thank you for your additional information.

Best regards,

Melinda

15 results