Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Fresh theme on 15.04.3

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 October 2015, 5:10

We are running Mahara 15.04.3 with the fresh theme and I have noticed a problem with the help boxes that can be clicked on.

download.php?file=428239&embedded=1&group=1&topic=7415&post=29793

What we would like to do is change the background of the info box to a darker color so the print within the box can be read.

The problem is I'm not sure how or were in the css file that box is addressed.  Can anyone point me to the right file and section to fix this...

Aaron Wells's profile picture

22 October 2015, 10:39

The easiest thing to do when you're tweaking CSS is to use the Firefox or Chrome developer tools inspector mode to get information about the CSS class and styles of the element you're interested in. (You should be able to find good instructions on how to activate that, via Google.)

In this case the style you're interested in is ".contextualHelp", and its "background-color" attribute.

In Mahara 15.04.3, most of the styles are defined under htdocs/theme/{themename}/static/style/style.css. The fresh theme doesn't define ".contextualHelp", so it inherits its value from the "raw" theme, which is why it's not the best color.

So, you should be able to fix that by adding something like this to htdocs/theme/fresh/static/style/style.css:

.contextualHelp{
background-color: {something correct};
}

I've filed a bug report about this in our bug tracker: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1508693

So please let me know what CSS changes you make to fix the problem, and I'll upstream them back into the next 15.04 release. :)

Cheers,

Aaron

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 October 2015, 4:15

Aaron,

I wanted the block to be available in the fresh theme so I added a code block to the style.css file.  Code added and results are as follows:

download.php?file=428272&embedded=1&group=1&post=29809

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The end result was the deep red color background that was the effect we were going for.  I added the entire code block so I could make any other changes I thought might help.

The end result is as follows and thank you for all the help...

download.php?file=428273&embedded=1&group=1&post=29809

I think the color adds a very nice touch to the theme, to me it says red means help...

Tim...

3 results