Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Disk usage of server over a period

Remy Olasoji's profile picture

16 October 2015, 23:12

Hi,

I was trying to find a history of disk usage over a few days (say 1 month / year) on Site statistics unsuccessfully.  I then checked site_data table (which seem to me as the most likely place where the information may be.  I did find disk-usage value (as a "type"), but there seem only one occurrence - I assume this is cumulative disk usage value over time.

Is there a way to report on disk usage over a period?  I also found this suggestion: http://jira.lte.strath.ac.uk/browse/SUGGESTION-215.  Has anything been done to progress the suggestion?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Remy

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

18 October 2015, 21:35

Hi Remy,

We only display the current disk usage and don't keep a log of how it changes over time at the moment though if you wish to work on implementing the feature or sponsor its implementation, please let us know.

I'm afraid I can't access the link that you supplied. It says the ticket doesn't exist. Maybe it only exists for people who have a login to that university's JIRA site?

Cheers

Kristina

Remy Olasoji's profile picture

20 October 2015, 0:56

Thanks Kristina ... and you're right about the JIRA link - I wasn't able to access it just now either, so I must have just slipped through before.

As suggested, I may take a stab at it and let you know.  I suspect many will find it useful.

Regards,

Remy

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 October 2015, 10:51

Hello Remy,

Yes, it would be useful having this metric available. Might as well also do it for the database size? :-)

Cheers

Kristina

4 results