Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Student ID Field from Moodle to Mahara

Meg Goodine's profile picture

11 September 2015, 8:15

We are new Mahoodlers running into a vexing problem we and would appreciate any advice from the community. We are populating our Mahara (15.04.01) from Moodle (2.8) via LDAP.

• A significant proportion (but not all) of the new student profile pages in the new Mahara accounts are displaying the student ID number which we do not want to be viewable to others. It’s appearing in the Personal Info block (About Me)
download.php?file=427696&embedded=1&group=1&topic=7364&post=29598
  • We are making an assumption that the ID Field from the Moodle profile(which appears in the Optional section) is being populated into the new Mahara Profile page in the Personal Information (About Me) block. But we can't tell why the ID is appearing in some profiles and not others. We can't see any apparent difference in the Moodle profiles.
  • We are also seeing a difference in what fields are displaying when the About Me block is edited in the new account. Sometimes only names and studentID appears. Sometime additional fields appear (see attached)
download.php?file=427698&embedded=1&group=1&topic=7364&post=29598download.php?file=427697&embedded=1&group=1&topic=7364&post=29598

How do we disable the display of the student ID to non-admin users?

Thanks for any suggestions

Meg

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

16 September 2015, 8:45

Hello Meg,

Per default, the student ID is not displayed on the profile page in the "About me" block when I create a new user. If all students have the ID brought across but it's not displayed for all I would assume that some students may have removed it from being displayed.

Or did you check before any student made changes to their profile page?

Do you also have LDAP authentication set up on your site? There is a field specifically for student ID.

Cheers

Kristina

Bei Chapman's profile picture

14 October 2017, 7:54

Hi Kristina,

I am also interested in this topic, because in my institution we want to hide the "studentid" field completely so no user can choose it to display in "about me" profile page for others to view.

I also tried to change the code in artefact/internal/index.php, but it didn't work.

Any idea how I should do it?

Thanks,

Bei Chapman

Carleton U

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

07 November 2017, 12:25

Hello Bei,

I'm sorry for the late reply. When a student doesn't have a student ID in their profile information, the field is not provided as an option in the "Profile information" block. Thus, if you set the profile field to be locked on your institution settings page and ensure that no student has a student ID, they'll not be able to enter a student ID and also don't see that option in the block configuration.

Or do you want to be able to enter a student ID so it shows up in the admin area but not allow students to display it in the profile block?

Thank you

Kristina

4 results