Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
About social networks

Emilie Lenel's profile picture

25 August 2015, 21:33

Hello

About social networks links (http://manual.mahara.org/en/15.04/content/profile.html?highlight=social#view-your-list-of-social-networks)

Would it be possible to imagine as an improvement feature for admin, the possibility to disable some of these networks from this list (as half of them are not used in France).  And can we add Linkedin in this list for next release ?

Cheers

Emilie

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

26 August 2015, 7:05

Emilie hi.

You (or your users) can add any social network link they wish. So there is actually no need to disable anything.

To add LinkedIn profile URL:
1. Click "New social media account" button
2. In the drop-down box leave "Other" option selected
3. Type "LinkedIn" into the text box right to the drop-down box
4. Paste your LinkedIn profile URL to "Your URL or username" text box
5. Click "Save" button

That should do it :)

HTH, Gregor

PS: Maybe LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter options could be added to the drop-down box...
Emilie Lenel's profile picture

26 August 2015, 20:30

Hi Gregor

Indeed, we can easily add any social network, i just realized that it generates the related social network icon as well.

But i wanted to hide some of the suggested social networks, not relevant for french users. And suggest linkedin from the select list without editing the source code.

Cheers

Emilei

10 September 2015, 1:25

Hi Emilie,

On which version of Mahara are you ?

On the one I am using here, I don't see any Social Networks, just a button to add ones. Are maybe you are talking about the drop-down menu with the list of core Social Networks proposed by default, with the option "Other" at its end?

Whether it is about the latter which Social Network you feel is not relevant for French speaker users?

Cheers,

-dajan

Aaron Wells's profile picture

10 February 2016, 17:44

Hi guys,

FYI, I've filed a Launchpad Wishlist bug to customize the "Social media" options: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1543905

I agree this is something we need. Having an "Other" option is sort of a minimal workaround, but it would be better if admins could add/remove options from the menu.

Cheers,

Aaron

5 results