Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Query for block title

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

08 September 2015, 16:23

Hello Lisa and Aaron,

I'd actually change the title to "Latest changes I can view" instead of using the "you" to be more consistent with the other blocks. Yes, it is a bit longish, but not longer than "Topics I am following". ;-)

I filed a wishlist item at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1493199 to remove one's own pages from the Latest changes block as others had commented on that confusion as well.

Cheers

Kristina

Allie Davidson's profile picture

12 September 2015, 3:07

Hi Lisa,

I have had the same experience at our University (Carleton University). We actually removed the "Latest Pages" block from the default settings so now new users only see "My Pages", "Inbox", and "Topics I am following". Users would get confused seeing their pages mixed up other people's pages on their Dashboard so we decided to remove the block all together. 

We made the change this summer and haven't received any feedback from new users indicating the need for such a block. If they need to look at a peer's portfolio, they will just go into their course group and find it on the group landing page.

Allie Davidson's profile picture

12 September 2015, 3:09

I like "My portfolios" as a replacement for "My pages", especially now that the collections will be included in it (yay!)

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

16 September 2015, 8:36

Hello Allie,

Thank you for your feedback.

Cheers

Kristina

14 results