Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara 15.04 and CAS plugin

Emilie Lenel's profile picture

11 July 2015, 1:55

Hi

We planned to upgrade our Mahara from 1.9 to 15.04 next week. But we stopped our upgrade process since we discovered that the CAS plugin doesn't work with 15.04.

Who is using the CAS plugin ? How did / will you manage your MAHARA upgrade to 15.04 with the CAS authentification ?

Thanks

Best regards,

Emilie

Robert Lyon's profile picture

11 July 2015, 14:52

Hi Emilie,

I had to get CAS working in 15.04 for a client. The problem is due to how the session is handled in Mahara 15.04 (it is slightly different to before).

So I had to adjust all the $_SESSION calls to $SESSION

see the changes I needed to make for CAS to work

Cheers

Robert

15 July 2015, 20:46

Hi Robert

Thanks a lot for your feedback !! :-)

Could you publish your plugin version for 15.04 on the plugin page ? i am sure other institutions will appreciate to have it available for download .

As you use this CAS plugin for your clients, will you also maintain it for future releases ?

The CAS authentification is key for our Mahara instance. Do you think we could ask Catalyst to have it included in Mahara core ?

Cheers

Emilie

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

18 July 2015, 4:50

Hello Emilie,

Robert suggested his changes to Patrick so they can be incorporated into the actual plugin. For the meantime, they can be found in his repository. See https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Plugins for the links to both plugins. We are not planning on taking over the plugin maintenance, but prefer to push changes to the actual plugin so that things don't get confusing (I still remember the different versions we had for the assignmen submission plugin which got pretty tricky ;-) ).

Cheers

Kristina

05 April 2016, 2:49

Hi Robert,

Do you know if CAS plugin works for Mahara 16.04 ?

Best regards

Emilie Lenel

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

06 April 2016, 15:18

Hello Emilie,

We haven't tried it on 16.04 yet, but it does work on 15.10. I believe there weren't that many differences.

Cheers

Kristina

06 April 2016, 19:06

Hello Kristina

Thanks for your feedback

I will upgrade our test plateform to Mahara 16-04 in the coming days and keep you informed for the CAS.

Cheers

Emilie

7 results