Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
how to change position,color logo mahara in dashboard

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

16 April 2015, 19:25

hi all, i can't change postion or delete logo in dashboard, i can't edit file header.tpl and I think Mahara cache used to store, I tried to find and delete the cache but not feasible. plz help me. thanks all

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

19 April 2015, 12:19

Hello Conan,

The logo is not only on the dashboard but throughout the site. Usually, when you've made a change to the theme, you should just have to do a hard refresh of the page and the changes are recognized.

Did you check that you made the change in the correct theme? Do you have a custom theme or did you change files in an existing theme? If you did the latter, your changes may have been overwritten if you updated your site.

For example: If you made your change in the "Default" theme, but your are displaying the "Aqua" theme, you won't see the change.

In Mahara 15.04 - just released - you are able to change the theme directly in the administration instead of having to change it on the server.

If you want to make changes to any theme files, we recommend you create your own theme, e.g. by copying an existing one on which you want to base your theme, and then make the changes there so that your changes aren't overwritten.

You can find more information at https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Customising/Themes/1.10 and theming guides for 1.8+ at https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Customising/Themes/Theming_Guides

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 April 2015, 22:10

hi, Kristina Hoeppner

I deleted the cache by adding gettimecache ( 0 ) in the file lib / web.php . Now , I
personally edit website I want . I downloaded mahara1.15 and are checking the new features of it . thanks kristina reply , cheeerss

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

26 April 2015, 15:23

Hello Conan,

Great that you could solve your issue. I hope you like Mahara 15.04.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results