Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Bulk move users from ‘no institution’ (mahara) to an institution

steve P's profile picture

17 March 2015, 14:05

I have an install with several institutions. New users are automatically added to ‘no institution’ as the institutions do not allow registrations. I would periodically like to move these new users from ‘no institution’ to a given institution but I can’t find a straightforward way to do this via the interface. 

If I navigate to Institution Members and select ‘Users who have not requested membership yet’ I get all the users in ‘no institution’ plus all the users in other institutions. If I look in the database table usr_institution there are no ‘mahara’ (no institution) records for me to update. 

Any ideas?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

17 March 2015, 23:06

Hello Steve,

I'm afraid there is no way to do that yet easily on the interface. A possible work around could be:

1. Set up a new institution in which you allow registrations (with confirmation).
  2. Disable registration for "No institution". That way you only allow people to register in the new institution.
  3. When you want to move users into the other institution, you go to Institutions -> Members -> People who are already members -> Remove them from that institution.
  4. On the same screen select "People who have left..." and add them to the other institution. They will get an email about that addition.

Cheers

Kristina

steve P's profile picture

18 March 2015, 10:48

Thank you, Kristina. I will give that a go...

3 results