Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problems with file uploads

01 March 2009, 22:21

Could you share your solution on fixing 'file uploads problem', still I can not upload file(s). Thanks.
anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

01 March 2009, 23:44

Hi - from your other post, I see you're installing 1.1.1. The problem in this thread is related to Mahara 1.0, so the solution won't help you.

I'm afrraid I myself don't have an answer for your problem. You're running Mahara on Windows, which isn't a platform us core developers support, but maybe someone else in the community has run into the same problem and will post an answer soon.

Account deleted

18 January 2009, 6:33

Just to let you know, I have just flattened our 1.0.6 test system and installed 1.0.8 from scratch and we have exactly the same problem with not being able to upload files.

Strangley  uploading of profile pictures works fine! We have turned logging up full in the config file but can not see any errors at all.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Account deleted

18 January 2009, 23:26

Hi, is the system available publically? Maybe I could click around it and gather some more intel...
Account deleted

21 January 2009, 13:58

Hi, it is available publically. The url is http://shunsley.eriding.net/eport/ 

I will PM you with the admin log in.

Jon

Account deleted

21 January 2009, 21:00

Some poking around with Live HTTP Headers shows that when you try and upload a file, the upload script is giving a 500 internal server error, and no content body. Mahara doesn't do that itself, so you probably ran into some issue with Apache. Can you check your apache error log and see if you have any interesting looking messages in it?
Account deleted

24 January 2009, 7:01

Thanks for looking into it for me Nigel.  I will look into the logs when I am back in work next week and let you know if I find anything.

Jon

Account deleted

27 February 2009, 12:01

I Just opened another thread on this exact same issue, Ill check the headers now and see if I get the same error.

Did you install "AMP" using the Ubuntu package manager by any chance?

I ask as we have a test "Alpha" release of Mahara running on another Ubuntu machine, that was all compiled from source, however, this one (that does not work) uses the Ubuntu packages.

I think I may just get php re-complied to the same spec as the one that works on the other machine.

Account deleted

01 March 2009, 14:27

Hi Jez,

We did indeed install our server using aptitude... all packages are the standard Ubuntu packages.

I have not had time to look at this recently and I think we are going to remove our 1.0.8 install and try to install 1.1.1 to see if that gets around our issue.

I will post back once I have something to report!

Jon

Account deleted

02 March 2009, 6:42

Well, we have an early 1.1 alpha release working ok on an Ubuntu package install... we are comparing the config of those two systems at the moment. I may install the new release on that server as a test to see if the file up load works there.

It could be coincidence, but three of us have this issue and we are all using Ubuntu Frown