Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Tk20

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 February 2015, 19:55

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience of integration between Mahara and Tk20?

From experience, it seems many higher-ed campuses, particularly colleges of education, require their students to complete their teaching licensure by creating a portfolio of sorts, on a Tk20 installation.

Does anyone know of a way to export a Mahara portfolio, as Leap2A or alternative, that would allow for easy import into Tk20?

Alternatively, does anyone know of any other route... APIs, database exports, clutching at straws... etc?

Any advice, anecdotes, links, or (even better), easy solutions, would be most welcome! :)

Robert Lyon's profile picture

16 February 2015, 11:31

Hi Lili,

I've no experience with Tk20 but I do know that Mahara allows a user to export their portfolio as a Leap2a file.

Nor can I tell from the Tk20 website if it's possible to import data into Tk20

Cheers

Robert

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

16 February 2015, 12:03

Thanks Robert -

It seems you know as little as I do! :)

Does anyone else in the Mahara community have any first hand experience of Tk20 integration.

Any tidbit would be most appreciated! 

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

01 March 2015, 21:53

Hello Lili,

I'm not aware of any integration of TK20 with Mahara. We are going to have the Mahara web services in Mahara core in the next version (due for release in April), but in order to export content to TK20, some more work would be needed. I'm not familiar with how TK20 works and whether it follows any ePortfolio standard. I couldn't find anything with a few searches though.

Depending on how it requires the content to be uploaded, you might be able to export your Mahara portfolio as HTML site (Portfolio -> Export) and import that into TK20 for assessment. The assessor could then download that file and unzip it for viewing in the browser. I suspect that TK20 as well as edTPA work more with individual files than websites that showcase the portfolio work. So you could export individual files from your Mahara portfolio and upload them to the other system.

Cheers

Kristina

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

02 March 2015, 15:08

Hi Lili,

out of curiosity I asked the LEAP2A question to Tk20 using their form on the website. In the response the company insisted on a phone conversation  which I found kind of odd. Maybe you will have better luck.

5 results