Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Is Mahara 1.7 'too old' for Moodle 2.7? (Failed to get a recordset: mysql error)

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 December 2014, 22:36

Thanks for the idea Kristina.

Interestingly, yes it does export fine using just my username in the bulk export tool.  So it looks like one (or more) user(s) isn't working for some reason. 

After some more testing with between 1 and 10 users at a time in the bulk export tool, it seems to export some users and not others, seemingly at random. Of the first 10 I chose, the 10th didn't work but the first 9 did. The error log is chucking out the same "error in your SQL syntax" errors as before.

I have a list of usernames (basically usr.username from the database) and I'll see if I can automate the process of exporting as much as possible via cURL.

Aaron Wells's profile picture

24 November 2014, 11:23

Hi Paul,

I gave it a quick test just now, setting up a Mahara 1.7 & Moodle 2.7 on my dev machine and connecting them via MNet. Automatic account creation in Mahara, and user roaming, worked just fine. So as Kristina said, there doesn't seem to be any inherent conflict between Moodle 2.7 & Mahara 1.7.  The MNet code hasn't really changed in about 5 or 6 years, and Mahara 1.7 is only about 2 years old.

Cheers,

Aaron

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

01 December 2014, 23:35

Thanks for testing that. It confirmed what I thought, so the problem lies elsewhere.

13 results