Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Auto-archive of submissions (v1.10)

MarionMacDonald's profile picture

13 November 2014, 23:22

I'm trying to figure out the group creation option "auto-archive of submissions"; this sounds really useful.  I've tried it on the demo site but don't see anything actually happening.  The Help manual says "the archive remains on the server".  Does this mean, since we are a hosted site, I have no easy way of accessing these archives?

Marion

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

14 November 2014, 10:47

Hello Marion,

You need to be a site administrator in order to see what is happening with the archived submissions. The work lfow is the following:

1. Student submits work.
  2. Instructor reviews work, comments etc. and then clicks the "Release" button.
  3. Mahara is triggered to create an archive of the submission (it's not yet released to the student) when there are system resources available. Mahara checks with the cron and upon the next cron run it either triggers the archiving or waits until resources are available. During this process, you see the pending archives in Administration -> Users -> Export queue (the export queue is not under "Groups" because you can also use it for individual portfolio exports).
  4. Once the archive has been made, you see it at Administration -> Groups -> Archived submissions. There you can click on the archived submission directly to download the zip file. Or a server admin can download them all in one go.

You do not see steps 3 and 4 on demo.mahara.org because you don't have site admin access.

Cheers

Kristina

steve P's profile picture

14 November 2014, 13:24

Hi Kristina

I think this is a great development for compliance purposes. Quick question: is it yet possible to have this functionality with a Mahoodle setup, where pages are released back after being graded in Moodle? (sorry, I don't have a handy Mahoodle to try it).

Many thanks.

17 November 2014, 8:23

Hello Steve,

This is not yet possible for Mahoodle as we were waiting for LTI 2.0 support to be added into Moodle so that we work with the newer version instead of the old one. I just checked and LTI 2 is now supported in Moodle 2.8 (see https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-45843 ) so we can look into working on finishing this part of the archiving functionality.

Cheers

Kristina

MarionMacDonald's profile picture

14 November 2014, 22:30

Thanks for that, Kristina, great feature.

Marion

Chrissie's profile picture

23 April 2022, 0:58

Hello Kristina and Mahara-Community,

I have the following question about the settings options for auto-archiving of submissions:

As part of a group creation in Mahara, I have enabled the "Allow archiving of submissions" and "Access to submission archive" features.
Now I would like to release these submissions, but I cannot do so because on the respective page there is the info "The page is locked until auto-archiving is complete.".
On the overview page of the submissions under "Current submissions" there is also the following text: "The page is locked until the auto-archiving is completed".
Can you please tell me how to trigger or turn off auto-archiving here, because "turning off" the above functions in the group settings does not make any difference here.
If this is not possible, please let me know when this auto-archiving of submitted pages takes place.

Thank you very much for your support.
With kind regards,
Christina

27 April 2022, 9:58

Hi Christina,

Please check that your cron is running on the site as portfolios are unlocked based on cron runs that checks if enough resources are available on the server. You can find that at Admin menu →  Admin home → Overview. If your cron is not running, you can find information on to set it up on the wiki.

Thank you

Kristina

7 results