Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Installation stops at core

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

06 November 2014, 5:58

Hey,

I am trying to install mahara to my system but the installation stops at the core installation with an error message. My system fullfills all the requirements (linux, php, apache versions are good and mysql) and I already changed the configuration accordingly to your recommendations (e.g. max_execution time of php). The logfile just provides the following information:

Timeout waiting for output from CGI script .../mahara/admin/upgrade.json.php, referer: ../mahara/admin/upgrade.php
...[X] [error] [client ...] Script timed out before returning headers: upgrade.json.php, referer: ../mahara/admin/upgrade.php
... [X] [error] [client ...] [INF] be (lib/upgrade.php:1330) Enabled 2 HTML filters., referer: ../mahara/admin/upgrade.php
... [X] [error] [client ...] [INF] be (admin/upgrade.json.php:89) - core 1.10.0 (2014092306), referer: ../mahara/admin/upgrade.php

Do you have a idea how I can solve this? Any help will be appreciated

Best Regards,
Lennart

Aaron Wells's profile picture

07 November 2014, 15:30

Hi Lennart,

The error message you're seeing there just indicates that the installer failed, but not why it failed.

You'll need to increase your log level to get more useful output. The easiest way to do this is by adding this config parameter to your Mahara config.php file:

$cfg->productionmode = false;

Cheers,

Aaron

2 results