Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
502 Bad Gateway on admin/users/search.php

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

04 November 2014, 4:53

I was able to successfully install Mahara 1.10 on a FreeBSD 10 box with Nginx and PHP-FPM with MySql DB. 

Everything seems to work fine except for the Site Administration > User page. Just that page gave me a 502 bad gateway. I looked into the nginx error log and found the following error on timezone: 

PHP message: [WAR] 41 (admin/users/search.php:64) strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
PHP message: Call stack (most recent first):
PHP message: * log_message("strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system'...", 8, true, true, "/usr/local/www/mahara/htdocs/admin/users/search.ph...", 64) at /usr/local/www/mahara/htdocs/lib/errors.php:439
PHP message: * error(2, "strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system'...", "/usr/local/www/mahara/htdocs/admin/users/search.ph...", 64, array(size 57)) at Unknown:0
PHP message: * strtotime("2014/11/03 15:45") at /usr/local/www/mahara/htdocs/admin/users/search.php:64
PHP message:
P
2014/11/03 22:45:49 [error] 76872#0: *69 FastCGI sent in stderr: "efa...", 8, array(size 10)) at Unknown:0
PHP message: * strtotime("2014-11-03 08:25:53") at /usr/local/www/mahara/maharadata/dwoo/compile/default/usr/local/www/mahara/htdocs/theme/raw/templates/strftimedatetime.tpl.d17.php:8
PHP message: * include("/usr/local/www/mahara/maharadata/dwoo/compile/defa...") at /usr/local/www/mahara/htdocs/lib/dwoo/dwoo/Dwoo.php:364
PHP message: * Dwoo->get(object(Dwoo_Template_File), array(size 13), null, false) at /usr/local/www/mahara/htdocs/lib/dwoo/dwoo/Dwoo.php:312
PHP message: * Dwoo->get(object(Dwoo_Template_File), array(size 13)) at /usr/local/www/mahara/htdocs/lib/dwoo/dwoo/plugins/builtin/functions/include.php:70
PHP message: * Dwoo_Plugin_include(object(Dwoo_Mahara), "strftimedatetime.tpl", null, null, null, "_root", null, array(size 2)) at /usr/local/www/mahara/maharadata/dwoo/compile/default/usr/local/www/mahara/htdocs/theme/raw/templates/searchresulttable.tpl.d17.php:28
PHP message: * include("/usr/local/www/mahara/maharadata/dwoo/compile/defa...") at /usr/local/www/mahara/htdocs/lib/dwoo/dwoo/Dwoo.php:364
PHP message: * Dwoo->get(object(Dwoo_Template_File), array(size 10)) at /usr/local/www/mahara/htdocs/lib/dwoo/mahara/Dwoo_Mahara.php:123
PHP message: * Dwoo_Mahara->fetch("searchresulttable.tpl") at /usr/local/www/mahara/htdocs/lib/searchlib.php:507
PHP message: * build_admin_user_search_results(object(stdClass), 0, 10) at /usr/local/www/mahara/htdocs/admin/users/search.php:79
PHP message:
PHP message: [WAR] 41 (lib/mahara.php:2010) strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.

I then added the date.timezone value in the php.ini and restarted the php-fpm and the timezone error disappeared. 

Thought I would share this information in case if someone rain into the same problem. 

Aaron Wells's profile picture

07 November 2014, 15:09

Thanks! Laughing

2 results