Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Mahara Email Links

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 September 2014, 11:16

We have installed a Mahara and implemented SSO between that and a Moodle instance. Everything is working great, all except for the notification links Mahara sends in emails.

What we want to do is catch every email that mahara sends and change the link to something like the following so the user is forced to use the Moodle login screen and not be sent to a Mahara login where an error is shown

[[moodleURL]]/auth/mnet/jump.php?hostwwwroot=[[maharaRoot]]&wantsurl=[[maharaPage]]&remoteurl=1

I have looked through the forums and can see you can edit the lang files to change the wording in the emails, and I have looked in the filesystem for the place where emails are processed but I cant seem to find any one specific place where I could edit the code.

Can anyone help us with this issue?

Account deleted

19 September 2014, 16:19

Hi Aaron, you are trying to force the very difficult. Well the way you are doing it anyway.

The solution, have all users use Moodle to login, IE Moodle is the Archway. Disable direct Mahara logins. The only way in is SSO via Moodle.

That will fix your need nicely as the return address will include the Mnet jump and take people there direct.

Account deleted

22 September 2014, 9:20

Thanks John,
So I think what you are tyring to say is there is a setting in Mahara to disable direct logins? Then is there also a place that I can set an alternate login URL?

As you have described - it sounds like the exact result I am looking for. Any instructions or a link to the page with these settings would be greatly appreciated.

Account deleted

22 September 2014, 21:42

Unlike Moodle No. I use a page with some text and a Hyperlink to the "You login here" on the Logout Page of Mahara.  Note Logout page not Login.

There will be a residual Login Box but that is probably how the Mahara Admin gets in.

Just a warning if you have users/students that have joined via Mahara and Mnetted to Moodle, they will have a different user ID when coming from Moodle to Mahara. In that case you may have to do some admin stuff to make artifices that get lost be reunited.

John

Account deleted

22 September 2014, 22:58

Hey John,
Thanks for your thoughts. This is in essence how we have our setup at the moment. What we require is the links in the emails to work as at the moment they link to the broken mahara login page. Even if we link the students to the Moodle login from that page the redirect will be broken and they will not be able to visit the link in the email without using the SSO portal and then finding the email and clicking the link again.

Looks like ill go back to searching for places to edit the core code for now

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 November 2014, 18:48

Hello Aaron,

You can set up an external login page / redirect by adding a config value to your config.php

In /htdocs/lib/config-defaults.php search for "External login page" and you'll get the required information.

Cheers

Kristina

6 results