Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Admin Password

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 September 2014, 22:06

Hello All

I have, what should really not be a technical question, regarding my installation of Mahara.

I have created a fresh install onto our Moodle server and when I attempt to login for the first time, my admin password is not being recognised?

Can anyone advise?

Rich Stevenson

Rotherham College

Aaron Wells's profile picture

18 September 2014, 11:40

I read your other post on the other thread. What version of Mahara are you using?

Way back when, in Mahara 1.1, the install process had you run the installer and then log in with username "admin" and password "mahara". But since Mahara 1.2, the installer is supposed to immediately log you in and send you to the "set your password" screen once installation is done. The backend code is still there that puts the "mahara" password into the admin user, but you shouldn't actually have to use that password, unless you were to log out before setting the admin user's password the first time.

Since you used the password reset link and it didn't manage to update your password, it sounds like something may have gone wrong during your installation. I'd recommend simply uninstalling Mahara and re-installing it.

Cheers,

Aaron

Aaron Wells's profile picture

18 September 2014, 11:45

Another thing you can try is directly resetting the admin user's password using this PHP script: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara/Troubleshooting#Q:_If_I.27ve_locked_myself_out.2C_how_can_I_reset_the_password_for_my_user.3F

But the fact that the password reset page didn't stick, really suggests there's a bigger problem in your installation, so I still recommend doing a re-install.

Cheers,

Aaron

3 results