Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
Security for interns volunteer hour(s) reporting

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

26 August 2014, 4:41

I have a professor who wants to have interns turn in a "journal" of hours and accomplishments, but does not want them to be able to modify them once turned in so there is no "padding" or adjusting after the fact. He also would like all the entries for each student to be where he can access/see them as needed. We are using Moodle 2.6 and the journal tool in Moodle allows for returning to each journal entry and modification or changing, so that seems impractical for him. We could use the assignment tool, but that would not have all entries in one place.`

So, is there a way to lock or limit access to documents once the student has uploaded a weekly internship log journal of hours and activities?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

31 August 2014, 14:47

Hello Bill,

It sounds like you'd want to work with the Continuing Professional Development plugin https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/My_CPD - that allows you to log hours and have them calculated at the end. Students could also provide a description which could be suitable for a short reflection.

You can add the block into a page that can be submitted for review. However, this is one of the few blocks that is currently prevented from locking like files or text boxes. That feature would need to be added so that students can't make changes once they have submitted their page that contains the block.

I'm afraid I don't know how much development work that would be. It might just be a matter of checking how other artefacts handle the submission and then modifying that code to work with the CPD.

Cheers

Kristina

2 results