Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Customizing Journals with Prompts?

Don Presant's profile picture

22 August 2014, 3:49

Apologies if this has been covered and I would appreciate direction to any existing discussions...

Is anyone out there using Journals with embedded prompts to guide reflection? I remember a solution years ago with the Royal College of Physicians in Ireland (3-4 well-recognized models/templates for reflection were selectable when creating a new entry ), but it was essentially an orphaned hack, because it wasn't done in a way that could go into core...

Is anybody doing this out there? Are there plans for this? I can't see in the road map, but it occurs to me that this might be useful for others.

Examples:

Kolb: Experience, Observation, Synthesis, Testing, Experience...

Gibbs: Description, Feelings, Evaluation, Analysis, Conclusions, Action plan

Rolfe: What? So What? Now what?

The notion is that these would be pre-inserted text prompts in a new journal entry...

Andrew Langford's profile picture

22 August 2014, 4:46

I could use that right off the bat - great thinking. Could even stretch to co-fund (crowd fund style) a feature such as this with others ...

Even better if system could send once a week email asking folks for reflections for that week that allows users to get entry into journal by replying to email - a bit like a slowed down version of iDoneThis

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

31 August 2014, 14:56

Hello Don,

This would be a brilliant feature to have and has been on my personal wishlist for a long time esp. since I learned that there had already been an early implementation of it.

I'm not aware of anyone working on it though.

Cheers

Kristina

3 results