Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Export of moodle Files into mahara-Groups?

Saskia Sowa's profile picture

06 August 2014, 23:49

Hi everyone,

is there a possibility to export moodle files directly into group-files in mahara?

I want to export a moodle-glossary into a group-view. As far as I know it's only possible to export files into your individually owned mahara files. To upload them into a group view I would have to download the zip-file to my computer and then upload it again in my group-files. Is that correct or is there another way to do it?

Thank you

Saskia

07 August 2014, 1:51

Edit: There is a possibility to upload your own files into a group-view, but for some reason, I can't upload the imported HTML file from moodle?! The folder of the incoming documents is empty? 

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 August 2014, 11:52

When you ex[port from Moodle to Mahara the export goes to a Journal in the users private area. From there you can do as you wish.

Mahara has no motion of Glossary’s or Wiki's so some formatting will be lost when exporting those activities.

Hope that helps 

John

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

01 September 2014, 7:28

Hello Saskia,

Can you please check if the file is in your incoming folder when you view it via Content -> Files? It should be there. Currently, there is a problem that these incoming .html files are not recognized as such when you choose the "Some HTML" block.

This is going to be fixed in the next minor point update.

Cheers

Kristina

03 September 2014, 18:16

Hi Kristina,

it's like John said: the HTML Data goes directly to my journal but not to my files.

Saskia

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

03 September 2014, 22:36

Hello Saskia,

Since you get a journal entry, you cannot repurpose that in a group page because groups don't have journals. And because it is a journal entry, you cannot add it as a file.

You should be able to export the forum post as HTML file (instead of Leap2A export). Then it will be put into your files area, and once the patch is applied that fixes the recognition problem of the .html extension, you'll be able to put that into a group page as "Some HTML" block.

Cheers

Kristina

6 results