Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara portfolio submission in Moodle.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 July 2014, 3:46

Hi All,

Not sure if this a Mahara or Moodle questions!

I'm using Mahara 1.7.1 that is integrated with Moodle 2.6. It seems you can only submit one Mahara page for marking at a time and not a collection. If that single page is part of a collection, Mahoodle still only locks down that individual page from editing and not the whole collection.

If there any way to lock down all the pages that form a collection or submit all pages.

Thanks

Paul

03 July 2014, 4:37

Hello,

There is in fact two different plugins to send pages to Moodle as assessment. One is sending only one page the other makes it possible to send a collection.

In the near future the two plugins would merge into one.

You will find the two plugins with features details for each in the wiki.

Regards,

-dajan

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

04 July 2014, 12:40

Hello Paul,

You can find more info about the plugin that allows for submission on the Mahoodle page on the wiki. The code itself is available at https://github.com/catalyst/assignsubmission_mahara

Cheers

Kristina

Emilie Lenel's profile picture

04 July 2014, 20:19

Hello Dominique-Alain, Kristina

By the way,  i am a bit lost, why two plugins that implement Mahara assignment submission ? Both will remain ?  Are they both available for Moodle 2.6 ? and 2.7 ? Any advise about which one we'd better use ?

Thanks for your feedback

Emilie

04 July 2014, 23:17

Hello Emilie,

Why two plugins ?

Because these plugins are not in the core. They are designed by third parties. One is older than the other and instead of improving the former the deveopers of the second decided to do it from scratch.

Both will remain ?

Hopefuly not. There are some discussions on the forums to merge the two plugins into one. Both developpers have agreed on this. The work has still to be done.

Are they both available for Moodle 2.6 ? and 2.7 ?

They both work on Moodle 2.5 and 2.7

Any advise about which one we'd better use ?

The best way to choose is to look at the specs of the two and select the one that is the more adequate according to your needs.

Hope this helps

Bises et salutations

-dajan

04 July 2014, 23:28

There is also another project under development which may includes Moodle assignment and history-backup of portfolios.

I talked about this with you during the Moodlemoot FR.

-dajan

Emilie Lenel's profile picture

05 July 2014, 2:27

Hi Dominique

Thanks for your feedback, i asked the question because we "fighted" recently with both plugins, the mahara portfolio submission is very unstable on our platform (but i will post a new msg next week to explain ;-)),

Yes i remember we discussed the project under dev which may includes Moodle assignment and history-backup of portfolios, do you know where we can find more info about it ?

Emilie

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

06 July 2014, 15:15

Hello Emilie,

Ruslan summarized it nicely why there are two plugins at https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=5300&post=26765

The merging of both is under discussion and we hope to be working on it soon.

The University of Canberra is funding the big work of implementing archiving of submitted Mahara pages and collections. See https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4676&post=26850 Due to the announcement that LTI 2 will be implemented for Moodle, we will most likely wait with this part of the work so that it doesn't have to be redone (currently Moodle supports LTI 1).

Cheers

Kristina

9 results