Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Course group assignment auditing

Howard Miller's profile picture

31 May 2014, 1:11

I have set up a course group and permitted users to submit their pages as Assignments.

Now, my problem is that after I give feedback and 'release' them, they vanish completely. This is a problem, as I want them to stay available for external auditors to view at a later date

I appreciate that I could ask the student to both share and submit the Page to the group but we all know that's not going to work very well. 

Is there a better/automatic way of doing this that I might have missed. 

31 May 2014, 4:05

Hello Howard.

I think that the only way of keeping a copy of a submitting portfolio is to request to export the eportfolio as an HTML web site and share this with external auditors.

HTH

dajan
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 June 2014, 16:56

Hello Howard,

Do the external auditors need to see the pages as they were when you provided feedback? If that is the case, the pages should probably stay locked and not be released back to the students until the auditors viewed them.

If that is not a possibility because you want the students to continue working on them, then there is no automated way at the moment to accomplish what you are looking for. With the proposal of archiving portfolio pages it were possible to create a LEAP2A export that could be imported back at a different point, but that work has not yet been tackled.

Alternatively, you could ask the students to create an HTML export as dajan suggests, but you'd need to store that somewhere and the auditors would need to unzip it on their own computers in order to view. You could ask your students to make their pages copyable to you (or rather an auditing account) and then you copy their work into that account. If that worked for you work flow wise, you'd need to check with the auditors if it were OK that they wouldn't see the students' names as the name on the account would be a different one. You could rename the pages to include each student's name so that it's clearer which student produced what work.

Cheers

Kristina

3 results