Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Feedback in a block

Pete Potter's profile picture

30 April 2014, 21:30

In the 1.9 release notes it mentions

"Place feedback for a page in a block"

Which I assume relates to this >> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1245679

I've had a look at 1.9 and also in the updated wiki and can't find anything that directly relates to it. Do I need to switch something on as admin? or in a page/block setting?

Cheers

Pete

Aaron Wells's profile picture

01 May 2014, 12:30

Hi Pete,

Yes, technically speaking the new feedback block is a new core plugin, and when core plugins are added you have to manually click an install link for them the same as 3rd-party plugins. (For 1.10 we're looking at making this more straightforward.)

Go to "Administration -> Extensions" and look at the bottom of the list of blocktypes and you should see the link to install the new feedback block.

Cheers,

Aaron

Pete Potter's profile picture

07 May 2014, 3:17

Nice one Aaron! Laughing

Aaron Wells's profile picture

07 May 2014, 12:43

For Mahara 1.10 we're adding a notice that will make it more obvious that there are new plugins to be installed.

But now I think it may be worthwhile just making it so that the upgrade process automatically installs new core plugins. I mean, if you did a clean install of 1.9, there would be no extra steps to use that block. So why should there be extra steps when you upgrade to 1.9?

Cheers,

Aaron

Anita Bridgman's profile picture

07 May 2014, 13:35

Hi Aaron

I like the sound of automatically installing core plugins, i know i've missed them in the past so i think this would be a helpful improvement.

Thanks

Anita

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 August 2014, 2:16

Btw (for those who like me are a bit slow), the blocktype in the Extensions list is called 'Comment'.

It's really welcome - helps students demonstate that they are influencing each other / open to influence.

6 results