Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Print my Resume

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 March 2014, 22:54

Hi, I would like to print my resume so that I can take a hard copy to interviews. I cant seem to figure out how to do this and I don't want to maintain two versions. Please can someone tell me how to do this.

Thank you

Neil

26 March 2014, 8:11

Hello Neil

You can either print the page which is displayed on your Mahara or, better,  export your portfolio as a HTML site, and then print it from a browser (with the second solution the style sheet used is lighter which means better for printing)

Nota there is also a feature request somewhere on the bugs tracker about to export portfolio pages in PDF, but this is not under development yet (sigh)

Regards

dajan
Aaron Wells's profile picture

26 March 2014, 12:21

If you're new to Mahara, then it's worth pointing out that the first step, is that you have to create a Page in your portfolio and put a Resume block on that Page. If you want the resume by itself, then probably a Page with a single-column layout.

(That's basically how you get things ready for presentation/viewing in Mahara. You create "artefacts" under the Content tab of Mahara, and then you arrange them in Pages under the Portfolio tab.)

Once you've done that, then you can print that Page as Dajan described. :)

Cheers,

Aaron

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

26 March 2014, 13:04

Thanks for the help Dom and Aaron, much appreciated.

Neil

4 results