Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problems with export portfolio

Mark Pearson's profile picture

01 March 2014, 4:52

I'm trying to export a portfolio belonging to a user from my v1.9.0dev test instance to a production instance at version 1.9.

As the user 'markp' when I go to mahara.naum.earlham.edu/export/index.php I get the error message:

Your system does not have the zip command. Please install zip to enable this feature.

And yet as the server admin I have checked the config.php on the server (FreeBSD 7 + Mysql) and the lines :

/* Path to system zip
$cfg->pathtozip = '/usr/local/bin/zip';
$cfg->pathtounzip = '/usr/local/bin/unzip';

are present (and BTW this information is not located in the general installation instructions) . I restarted Apache with sudo apachectl restart but I'm still getting this error. Also as the user I emptied the cache on the Chrome browser and relogged in but still the same error.

I have read through all the posts for this previous support message Export Portfolio Not Working but I'm fairly sure that my system is configured correctly.

Also, when I try 'bulk export' as Administrator (using mahara.naum.earlham.edu/admin/users/bulkexport.php because the 'Experimental Features' page is not displayed) I eventually get the message:

Nothing suitable to export. Please double-check the list of usernames.

Any ideas?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 March 2014, 22:39

Hello Mark,

Did you ensure that the zip program is installed on your server? The path in the config.php doesn't necessarily mean that it is present. The error message usually means that the actual zip program is not present on your server. It could also mean that the path in the config.php is not correct. Thus, if your zip program is to be found elsewhere on the server, you'd have to correct that path.

Cheers

Kristina

2 results