Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Importing

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

26 March 2014, 2:26

Hello,

thank you for your offer to help. I thought, leap2-standard means to be independent of platforms and versions.

I am not able to do the steps as described here, so I would like to come back to you as soon as you have got time.

Regards

Brigitte

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

26 March 2014, 6:19

Hi Brigitte,

on www.portfoliocommunities.com you can upload up to file size 512MB. Just create an account, then click portfolio->import and follow the steps. We have received files from various universities and they all seemed to work. You can delete everything after if you like

26 March 2014, 8:15

Brigitte

You can try what Dirk is suggesting further in this thread. If it doesn't work contact me in letting a private message on my wall with you email address  and I will come back to you asap

Regards

dajan
Account deleted

01 April 2014, 20:34

I could import the leap2a files from our V1.6.2 server  to http://www.portfoliocommunities.com and to my account here without any problems.

It seems to be a problem of our installation, so Aaron Wells is looking deeper into the subject.

As a newbie to Mahara, I am really impressed by your support :-)

Dominique and Dirk, thank you very much for your help.

Brigitte

Aaron Wells's profile picture

02 April 2014, 11:05

Hi Brigitte,

If it works on portfoliocommunities.com (and mahara.org, as you mentioned in a direct message to me), but not on your server, then that suggests there's a problem with your server config.

The most likely thing would be your pathtounzip setting. Mahara uses the command-line unzip utility to decompress zipped files. By default it expects this utility to be accessible at /usr/bin/unzip. If it's not, on your server, then you can override this by adding a $cfg->pathtounzip setting to your config.php file.

One way to check whether your unzip is set up correctly, is to upload a zip file into your account's file area, and see if you can unzip it.

Cheers,

Aaron

Account deleted

10 April 2014, 21:09

Hi Aaron,

Yes, the problem was with our server config. We are running our apache webserver on Solaris. It took us some time to find out that iconv, a part in the php library was missing. After installing it, the import from V1.6.2 to V1.8.1 runs fine.

Thanks to you and all others for help

Brigitte

16 results