Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Error in Installing Mahara

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 January 2014, 20:56

Can anyone help me with this? I am new to mahara, and i am following video tutorials to be able to install the mahara successfully.

Im using xampp for the apache and mysql

after extracting the mahara installer, i pasted the portfolio folder (originally named as htdocs) from mahara folder to subfolder htdocs of xampp then i have renamed the config-dist.php to config.php

The following values were specified in config.php (please take note thati removed the  collon and doubleslashes since i am a newly registered user)

$cfg->dbtype   = 'mysql';
$cfg->dbhost   = 'localhost';
$cfg->dbport   = null;
$cfg->dbname   = 'portfolio';
$cfg->dbuser   = 'admin';
$cfg->dbpass   = 'Nvm2014$';
$cfg->dbprefix = 'mh_';
$cfg->wwwroot = 'httplocalhostportfolio'; 
$cfg->dataroot = 'xamppportfolio_data';

Before accessing httplocalhostportfolio, i am created a DB named as portfolio with utf8_bin and I have exisiting DB user named as admin with Nvm2014$ password. The installation was taking too long which i assumed it was not supposed to occuopy much time, then i tried to reload the page then this error occured.

Could not execute command: CREATE TABLE mh_config ( field VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, value TEXT, CONSTRAINT PRIMARY KEY (field) )ENGINE=innodb
Call stack (most recent first):

execute_sql("CREATE TABLE mh_config ( field VARCHAR(255) NO...") at Cxampphtdocsportfoliolibdml.php1388
    execute_sql_arr(array(size 188)) at Cxampphtdocsportfoliolibddl.php755
    install_from_xmldb_file("Cxampphtdocsportfoliolibdbinstall.xml") at Cxampphtdocsportfoliolibupgrade.php291
    upgrade_core(object(stdClass)) at Cxampphtdocsportfolioadminupgrade.json.php78

Aaron Wells's profile picture

28 January 2014, 11:21

Unable to create the "config" table, that's one I haven't seen before. I suppose the first thing is to make sure that the user you created actually has table creation rights in your database.

What version of Mahara are you using?

Also, what verison of MySQL?

Cheers,

Aaron

2 results