Forums | Mahara Community
Mahara Hui in Wellington, 19-21 March 2014
27 January 2014, 5:29 PM
The first conference in New Zealand dedicated to Mahara will take place in the coolest little capital 19-21 March 2014. We will be at Te Papa in Wellington for the first two days of the conference that are presentation days. The last day is optional and will be our hackfest day for looking directly into Mahara, coding, learning to test Mahara etc.
We invite everyone - not just from New Zealand - to come to Wellington and exchange ideas, knowledge, showcase your work etc. to an audience in the Southern hemisphere. We know that New Zealand is quite some way away for some, but there are plus points to attending Mahara Hui:
- You'll see the birthplace of Mahara.
- You'll meet core developers in person.
- You'll escape winter if you live in the Northern hemisphere or have a rather mild summer (compared to high temperatures in Australia) during the conference in Wellington.
- You'll be in a beautiful conference venue, Te Papa, where you can wander through museum exhibits on life, culture and nature of New Zealand during breaks or after the last session. The museum is open until 9 p.m. on Thursday giving you plenty of time to explore some areas of this grand space.
- You'll get the chance to work alongside core developers and brainstorm a change in Mahara, maybe even implement a change, learn how to test new features etc. during our one-day hackfest on 21 March 2014. Places are limited for that.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Mahara Hui organizing team.
23 February 2014, 8:48 PM
We are delighted to present the draft schedule for Mahara Hui in Wellington, 19-20 March 2014. Presentations cover many areas of Mahara use: school, university, professional development, feature and plugin development, and use cases. We are also happy to have Mark Nichols keynote the conference on 19 March 2014. He chaired the steering committee of the Mahara project in the beginning and will be looking at the road that Mahara has taken.
We would love to see you at Mahara Hui, held at Te Papa in Wellington, New Zealand, in just a few short weeks. Please register if you want to attend and let your Mahara friends and colleagues and those who are pondering the use of an ePortfolio system know about the event.