Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Change Dashboard image

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 January 2014, 20:02

Hi, we would like to change the Dashboard image (Create, Collect, Organize). I saw another one in the demo before, there was  a classroom with links to several functions in Mahara. Is it possible to download/copy this one somewhere for reuse?

BR / Jonas :-)

Account deleted

15 January 2014, 21:55

I guess there is a html-code assoicated to that image, and then I wonder if we could get a copy of that as well?

BR / Jonas

Account deleted

16 January 2014, 6:46

Hi

to help with your search I believe the theme you are refering to is the Primary School theme that was developed for myportfolio.school.nz

PascaleHP

Aaron Wells's profile picture

16 January 2014, 11:59

Hi Jonas,

As Pascale said, it sounds like you're referring to the "Primary School" theme. It's been integrated into the standard Mahara distribution, so if you go to the "Administration -> Configure Site -> Site settings", you should see it in the "Theme" menu.

More generally speaking, the dashboard image is called the "Homepage Information" box, and its contents are controlled by the theme's "homeinfo.tpl" template file, usually in conjunction with CSS attributes from the theme's "style.css" file.

Like any theme template file, you can customize it by creating your own custom theme, or by placing an override file in your /local directory. See https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Customising/Themes/1.2 for more information about that.

Cheers,

Aaron

Account deleted

22 January 2014, 21:46

Thanks so very much Pascale and Aaron!!! Smile

5 results