Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Copy versioning

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 January 2014, 1:50

Dear All,

First post to the forums and have to admit I am a mahara admin newbie. Sorry if this is not the right place.

I have created a collection of default pages that I am going to pilot with 2 student groups.

When I copy the collections over I get copy versions e.g. Page 1 (1) and Page 1 (2).

I have managed to remove "Copy of.." through the config.php but I need to remove the version in brackets. Is this possible?

Thanks

Ben

Account deleted

08 January 2014, 16:02

If these pages are all under the same user, as opposed to some being in a group, you will have a name conflict.  Are you modifying the pages for each group?  If so, why wouldn't you want a different name for each page?  Or why don't you store them in their respective groups?

Lately I have been doing a whole bunch of copying of pages (40 different pages from one starting template).  I put a number in front of the title for the template page, so it is always at the top of the list, and then I just modify the title to be what I want for the new page and save the page.  The "copy of" and page number is basically irrelavent, because the title is always changed.  

Melissa

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 January 2014, 15:34

Hello Ben,

Welcome to Mahara. I've filed a bug report at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1270683 because the number is not necessary. It would only be necessary if the user already had a page with that same title.

Cheers

Kristina

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 January 2014, 17:15

Hello Ben,

I just tested it on another Mahara instance and did not get a number added when a page with the same title did not already exist. Can you please check that a page with the same title had not already existed in the user's account?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

20 January 2014, 22:54

Hi Melissa/Kristina,

Thank you for your help and sorry for the delay in coming back to you. We are trialling it with a mixture of vocational areas within the institution so it is an exciting but challenging experience.

The page versions only seems to happen when I copy pages within my own account.

I am in the process of creating collections for different study programmes, some of which share similar units/modules that I have created as pages. When I have shared the collections with other users the number doesn't get added, I've noticed.

Many thanks

Ben

5 results