Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
How to search into the forum

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 November 2013, 1:22

Hello

How could I look for some words into the answers and topics of a forum?

Thank you in advance

Carlos

30 November 2013, 3:25

Hello Carlos,

Mahara 1.8 now allows in text search (including forums, artefacts' content, comment, etc.). It is only working with an installation of Mahara 1.8 on PostgreSQL. According to what I have read on the forum, the Mahara team will offer this feature on MySQL for version 1.9 (in about six months from now).

But I think that also if your group is public, the forums contained would be accessed by search engines (Google, Bing, ...) and the content should be found by a search on these services.

Regards,
-dajan

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

06 December 2013, 18:00

Hello Carlos,

Are you asking for searching the forums here on Mahara or in general?

Here on mahara.org we currently still use a Google custom search. It doesn't find all forum posts as it can only search a certain number of links deep if I remember correctly. As dajan says, Mahara 1.8 can be set up with a fulltext search that is based on Elasticsearch. That requires a Tomcat server though. For 1.9 we are planning to make this feature also available for sites running on MySQL.

Mahara.org will be upgraded to 1.8 either still in December or January and we'll then be able to search the forums. Currently, we have a patch in review so that public forums can also be searched even when you are not logged in.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

10 December 2013, 0:37

Hello Dominique, Kristina

Thank you both of you

Best regards

4 results