Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Notification Problem

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 November 2013, 23:23

Hello,
I use the Mahara system 1.6.2 and 1.8.0 (test system). With both systems I get no notifications if changes something in a group or in his forum. Have I configured a little bit wrong (server, Mahara system)? If a user is put on by the administrator, agrees to this one e-mail sent.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

15 November 2013, 11:32

Hello Andreas,

Can you please check that users get other notifications? In a group you only get notifications for pages if pages are shared with the group and "Shared page notifications" are ticked in the group settings.

Forum notifications are only made to users when they are subscribed to the forum. And people can unsubscribe from forums quite easily.

You should also check that the user hasn't set his notifications to appear only in the inbox if he's subscribed to a forum.

If no user gets any email notifications and your settings are correct, you should check your mail log and see if messages are sent out and you can also check your Mahara config.php file and see if all messages actually are re-routed to one specific address. That is what we usually do for test systems just so that users aren't bothered by test mails.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 November 2013, 20:58

Many thanks for the quick answer. So I assume for the moment from the fact that the users get all one e-mail notification. The problem must maybe lie with Mahara. I have dispatched about another Script without problems e-mails. One also gets e-mail if one puts on a new user.

Must I put down by force under "administrator -> configuration site -> e-mail settings" a server or also functions without this setting of e-mail sent?

Must I myself program a little bit in addition?

Thank you very much.
Yours sincerely
Andreas

3 results