Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
HTML - mahara changing my code

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 November 2013, 3:44

I have been trying to figure out how to get my "whenintime" timeline to embed in a page. The HTML code is -

<iframe frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" width="650" height="1500" style="border:1px solid gray;" src="http://whenintime.com/TLView/tlblog.aspx?tlurl=/tl/geomergent/op4_passive_solar/"></iframe>

I have tried many ways of getting this emeded. I tried creating an .html document in textedit uploading it in my files and using the HTML block - The document opens in my browser just fine but wont embed in mahara, it shows up as an empty frame. I also tried to embed it into a text block using the html button. when I enter the code and "update" it, it brings me from the html back to the text block. It shows up there perfectly embeded in the block, when I save this, it returns me to the page with an empty frame. I open it back up and it has changed the html text to -

<p><iframe width="650" height="1500" frameborder="0"></iframe></p>

I also tried external content embeding blocks, nothing works. Why does the html get changed when I save the text block? is there a way to stop it from doing this?

Thanks for any help, This is for a project do Nov 1st and it would be great to have this in my report! Simha
Gregor Anželj's profile picture

03 November 2013, 4:17

Mahara utilizes HTML Purifier (SafeIframe) which is responsible for stripping out your iframe HTML code. The solution is that you ask the administrator of your Mahara site to include/add allowed iframe source.

Please also see:

HTH, Gregor

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

03 November 2013, 16:38

Hello Simha,

And the information in the user manual on how your admin can add that iframe is at http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.8/administration/extensions.html#allowed-iframe-sources (or s/he can look at the left-hand side for the specific Mahara version that you have).

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 November 2013, 5:15

Thanks!

4 results