Forums | Mahara Community
Mahara 1.7 Journal Photo Inquiry
12 October 2013, 8:17 AM
15 October 2013, 4:49 PM
Can you please provide the steps that you took for adding the photo to your journal entry? And which version of Mahara are you using?
06 November 2013, 9:37 AM
HI am using Mahara 1.7. These are the steps I took to add the photo into the journal entry:
1. I uploaded the image to my ‘files’ section.
2. Once the image was uploaded, I copied the image URL from the browser address bar.
3. I created a journal entry, and clicked the little image icon at the top.
4. I pasted the image URL into the ‘image URL’ text field and clicked the ‘Insert’ button at the bottom.
5. I saved the post, and then displayed the journal on one of my pages.
I had no problem with the above steps. The weird thing is that the photo won’t show in the journal entry, despite the numerous attempts I’ve done with Sam. We’ve deleted the original journal entry and made a new one; the photo appeared on the journal entry page viewable to me, but it did not show up when I viewed the journal entry through the link public viewers would access. However, when we tried it with a different image, it worked! We also uploaded the photo to my other journal entries, and they showed - even on the journal entry public viewers would see. It’s very intriguing. Sam tried it on her end as an administrator, and the same thing happened to her. Has this happened to anyone else?
11 November 2013, 11:47 AM
Thank you for the steps. Can you please follow the instructions at http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.7/content/journal.html#add-an-image-from-mahara ? Images that you have uploaded to Mahara will need to be attached to the journal entry before you can use them. That way it can be ensured that the proper permissions are set when you display the journal entry on a page.