Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Mahara 1.7 Journal Photo Inquiry

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

12 October 2013, 8:17

Hello! 

I uploaded a photo to a recent journal entry, and something weird happened. After publishing the post, the photo appeared when I viewed the entry under the "Journals" tab. When I went to see the entry through my "II. Academic Works page", the photo didn't appear. There was a blank rectangle with a tiny blue and green image in the middle. I clicked that thinking it would redirect me to the photo, but it just showed, "Access denied. You do not have access to view this page." I'm not sure if this is a glitch in the system or if photos generally don't appear in journal entries,Has anyone else experienced this?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

15 October 2013, 16:49

Hello Nelli,

Can you please provide the steps that you took for adding the photo to your journal entry? And which version of Mahara are you using?

Thank you

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

06 November 2013, 9:37

Hello,

HI am using Mahara 1.7. These are the steps I took to add the photo into the journal entry:

1. I uploaded the image to my ‘files’ section.

2. Once the image was uploaded, I copied the image URL from the browser address bar.

3. I created a journal entry, and clicked the little image icon at the top.  

4. I pasted the image URL into the ‘image URL’ text field and clicked the ‘Insert’ button at the bottom.

5. I saved the post, and then displayed the journal on one of my pages.

I had no problem with the above steps. The weird thing is that the photo won’t show in the journal entry, despite the numerous attempts I’ve done with Sam. We’ve deleted the original journal entry and made a new one; the photo appeared on the journal entry page viewable to me, but it did not show up when I viewed the journal entry through the link public viewers would access. However, when we tried it with a different image, it worked! We also uploaded the photo to my other journal entries, and they showed - even on the journal entry public viewers would see. It’s very intriguing. Sam tried it on her end as an administrator, and the same thing happened to her. Has this happened to anyone else? 

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

11 November 2013, 11:47

Hello Nelli,

Thank you for the steps. Can you please follow the instructions at http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.7/content/journal.html#add-an-image-from-mahara ? Images that you have uploaded to Mahara will need to be attached to the journal entry before you can use them. That way it can be ensured that the proper permissions are set when you display the journal entry on a page.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results