Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
AUP for students

Gideon Williams's profile picture

11 October 2013, 7:15

We have single sign on via Moodle to Mahara. I am keen to have a splash page or similar with details about Acceptable Use Policy when students move between the two.

We had an issue recently with a student putting up some inappropriate material which we were able to track and identify but it would be nice to have something in place that made clear to students the implications of posting on a publically viewable site.

Does anyone have similar?

Many thanks as always 

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

15 October 2013, 17:08

Hello Gideon,

Are you primarily concerned about file upload? If so, you can turn on the upload agreement in the plugins administration: http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.8/administration/extensions.html#artefact-type-file

Since your users go from Moodle to Mahara, your users would not see the registration agreement to agree to the terms and conditions even if you force it.

So to a larger extend beyond files, I'm not aware of a solution. How do you handle this in Moodle?

Cheers

Kristina

Tobias Zeuch's profile picture

16 October 2013, 3:44

Hi Gideon,

Do you use the xmlrpc-plugin in Mahara to accept the single-signon from Moodle? I've seen a 'wantsurl'-parameter handed to mahara when authenticating, maybe you can set that in moodle? The last redirect in xmlrpc goes to get_config('wwwroot') . $wantsurl

If there is an option for that in moodle, maybe you could complete the url with $wantsurl to some view containing a hint upload policy 

3 results