Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Portfolio Commons project

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

22 December 2013, 13:05

Hello Don,

2 a.m. is indeed not the greatest time for NZ. ;-) Do you know if the Hangout will be recorded?

Cheers

Kristina

Don Presant's profile picture

23 December 2013, 2:17

Hi Kristina:

I don't think the last one was recorded and I think it would work best as a dialogue...would you and Aaron be interested in exploring the idea at a more feasible time?

Looks like the Mahara developer meetings can happen at 1930 UTC - would that work, i.e. 0830 In Wellington on Friday the 17th of January? If so, I can try moving the time.

23 December 2013, 8:53

Hello Don,

8:30 a.m. Wellington time would be better, but we shouldn't meet at the same time as the developer meeting. I'd also be available from 7:00 a.m. on as that would work better for Simon.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 December 2013, 23:45

Hi Don,

Sounds interesting, it would be good to talk further about this. I should be able to join the Hangout on the 16th.

Best wishes,

Mike

31 December 2013, 3:26

Thanks Mike, as instigator of the Commons, it would be great to have you there.

I'm waiting for confirmation of the changed time and I'll post here when I get it.

31 December 2013, 5:25

Hi Kristina and Mike:

I'm happy to say that the time for the next InLOC meeting has been changed to the following:

UK: Thu Jan 16 at 730pm

NZ: Fri Jan 17 at 830am

If it goes as I hope, we will explore how Portfolio Commons could become an open (Mahara-based) instance of how InLOC could structurally inform a repository, to link competencies (or outcomes) to evidence which has been exported from an ePortfolio. This could be for assessment of various kinds and perhaps include working with Open Badges. Here are some ideas:

• submission of evidence for assessment against outcomes (including hiring) (alternative to Moodle submission?)
  • permanent evidence of competencies for individuals (e.g. when you click on the link in the badge) and for
  • institutions wanting to show evidence of student learning for program accreditation (still a big driver for institutions looking at ePortfolio in the US anyway).

I've thrown together relevan some links on this page:
http://www.savvyfolio.net/user/don/inloc-and-eportfolio

Kristina, does it make sense to also have someone from the coding team attend, such as Aaron?

01 January 2014, 13:06

Hello Don,

Thank you very much that you could arrange for a NZ-friendly time. I'll make sure to attend. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have Aaron in on the call if he is available so he'd be in on the discussion from the start.

Cheers and have a great NYE and start into 2014.

Kristina

02 January 2014, 3:37

My pleasure and the same to you!

Thanks again to Mike for opening the opportunity with the Portfolio Commons project.

I'm looking forward to this discussion and between us I'm sure we can report  any significant outcomes back here in this forum.

Don

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 January 2014, 23:49

John Casey, the project manager of Portfolio Commons, is interested in participating in the Hangout - I'll invite him along if that's OK.

Mike

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

15 January 2014, 23:57

Could you invite me also? Interested in Europass part...

Regards, Gregor