Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Templates

Anna Greenhill's profile picture

03 October 2013, 23:43

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help me with templates in Mahara. At the moment, we have it set up where the tutor creates a page, makes it copiable and the student then copies the page (or collection) into their portfolio. It works ok.. but it would be much better if somehow we can automatically put the template into the students portfolio.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks
Anna

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

07 October 2013, 21:51

Hello Anna,

You can add pages automatically to user accounts, when the pages are created as site or institution pages. You'll then have an additional option when making the pages / collections copyable to automatically put them into the accounts of all new users.

Please note that every new user then gets the page / collection. Thus, if you have staff and students and want to distinguish between them, you could add them to different Mahara institutions so that they don't receive templates that are not meant for them.

Cheers

Kristina

Wullie's profile picture

24 October 2013, 1:52

Kristina,

I didn't know that you could do that. Would that be something that could be extendable to groups as well?

That way a lecturer could create the templates as a group page and when a student joins they automatically get a copy of the page/collection (unless I've missunderstood you).

Thanks

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

24 October 2013, 22:53

Hello Wullie,

I'm sure it is possible to extend the immediate copying of a group page into new group users' accounts. It's just not been done yet. It would certainly be a great feature to have.

If you create a site page / collection at the moment, you can decide whether certain groups shall get that page or collection. However, that would be quite restrictive in terms of what you can put into the template as every group of the type standard or course would be getting the template.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results