Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Mahara Conf UK 2014

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

02 October 2013, 2:24

Hi all,

I just wanted to test the waters here and see whether we should look at Mahara Conf UK 2014 being 1 or 2 days. 

Please let me know your feelings on this and if you have any other suggestions for MaharaUK14 by emailing me at [email protected].

Thanks!

Meredith

Roger Emery's profile picture

03 October 2013, 22:44

This year's confernece was excellent!

Spreading across two days offers the opportunity for evening networking which is often the most useful part of a confernece.

I would suggest that if it is to run over two days then day 1 starts a liitle later than first thing (eg 10am) and day 2 ends maybe at 3 or 4pm.

This will allow those on limited staff dev budgets to travel in on day 1 and away on day 2 thus only needing to have one night away.

Have you got any potential locations/venues yet?

Roger

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

10 October 2013, 5:47

Thanks Roger - 2 days it is!

Book out July 17th and 18th 2014 in your diary.  Mahara Conf UK will be in Brighton and proudly brought to you by the University of Brighton and Catalyst IT Europe.

Roger Emery's profile picture

10 October 2013, 21:08

My birthday - cool!!

Jasmin Hodge's profile picture

19 April 2014, 20:06

Hey

I put myself forward to create an app for this years Mahara UK Conference in Brighton. 

I'm using Conduit web software which is free and let's you create well designed multi platform apps hosted on their site, or your own for free!

Bearing that it's low level coding on my part, does anyone have any suggestions on what they would like to see within an app for the conference?

It's still under development, but at the moment I have followed Catalysts requirements below: -

* General Information
* Alerts/Updates
* Program information
* Exhibitor list
* Maps/Directions

Any input would be greatly appreciated :)
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

08 June 2014, 19:47

Hello Jas,

An app for Mahara UK sounds awesome! Where are you at with it? Is there something to trial?

The information you'd want to display in the app as per your list sounds about right to me. Do you also want to have Twitter updates displayed or conference attendee / presenter information shown?

Cheers

Kristina

6 results