Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Housekeeping for fresh install

Jasmin Hodge's profile picture

26 September 2013, 12:15

Apologies if a thread for something similar exists, I did have a look first.....
We are currently using Mahara 1.5 which has just been upgrade every session without any real special attention (ashamed) ;).
I want a shiny new 1.7 installation to go with my new Moodle 2 and I'm looking for advice on how to smartly move the pages we have live at the moment in our current site.
We use Mahara pages and collections throughout our site and provide essential information and portals to parts of Moodle.  On top of these 22 collections, we have nearly 10, 000 plp's on the go, and of course controlled groups.
This seems to be impossible to me as I still cannot export a group and restore it successfully.
Is upgrading the answer?  If so, I would really appreciate some tips and advice from anyone who:
- 'cleans out' every summer.  If so, how do you ensure keeping returning student portfolios? I had considered giving the responsibility to students to export and bring back, but it seems a bit ambitious :)
Aaron Wells's profile picture

27 September 2013, 12:50

Hi Jasmin,

Perhaps you could make a copy of your database, and set the 1.7 site to use that copy? If you do that, just make sure to supply a $cfg->wwwroot value in your 1.7 site's config.php, so that it won't mistakenly make all its internal links point back to the old site.

Cheers,

Aaron

2 results