Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
CPD installation problem

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 September 2013, 2:53

We're using Mahara 1.5.1. The CPD plugin version 0.0.5 had been working. I tried to upgrade the CPD plugin to version 0.0.6. I removed the old version and put the new version under the artefact folder.

When I went to Site Admin --> Plugin Administration, I got an error message:
Not installed plugins
cpds Not installable Plugin artefact cpds is missing version.php.

Then I tried to put the old version back and I got the same error message.

I would appreciate your solution to this problem.

Geoff Rowland's profile picture

08 September 2013, 4:10

Hi Weikai

Do you have a version.php file present in artefact/cpds/ ?

If so, try increasing the value of $config->version (e.g.increase the number by 1) and revisit the Administration > Plugin administration page to confirm installation/update.

Also, check that the permissions of the cpd folder, and files/folders inside, are set correctly (i.e. owned by the webserver).

That said, I have only recently tested this all against Mahara 1.6/1.7. So, it is possible that some recent updates of the plugin have 'broken' things for Mahara 1.5. I'll try to investigate further, though perhaps consider updating a more recent Mahara version. Full support for Mahara 1.5 ends in October 2013.

https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/SupportedVersions

Account deleted

10 September 2013, 2:45

Hi Geoff,

Thanks very much for your reply. The CPD version 0.0.6 works now. I really appreciate your help.  

I followed your instructions and found that the problem was the permissions of the folder.

By the way, we are using Mahara 1.5.1 Debian packages. So, we are waiting for the next available Mahara Debian packages to upgrade.  

Weikai

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

10 September 2013, 10:04

Hi Weikai,
I just saw this post and if memory serves me right, Debian packaging is not supported anymore due to too much time needed to maintain that (I think).

Upgrading manually is not difficult as well and can be fun also.

Aaron Wells's profile picture

10 September 2013, 12:50

That is correct. The Mahara team at Catalyst IT, no longer have the resources to keep the Debian packaged version up to date, so it is no longer receiving updates. We recommend installing via the downloaded version or from the git repo.

Cheers,

Aaron

Account deleted

13 September 2013, 3:55

Thanks, Dirk and Aaron. I appreciate your info about Debian packages. I may need to post a new thread asking how to upgrade the Debian packages to the latest stable version.

Weikai

6 results