Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Error with Page Layout

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

31 July 2013, 8:08

Hey there,

We used to have Mahara 1.6 installed and had an error when trying to change the Page Layout. We were stuck using the 3 colum default.

We have just upgraded to Mahara 1.7.2 and the issue has remained. I had hoped that it would have resolved the issue but it does not seem to be the case.

The error I get when trying to "Edit Layout" on a page is...

Site unavailable

A nonrecoverable error occurred. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system

Everything else seems to work great. Hoping someone can help us out.

Cheers

Aaron Wells's profile picture

31 July 2013, 10:49

Hi Richard,

We'll need to see if we can get a more specific error message out of your site. You can do this in one of two ways:

1. Check your PHP error log. Every time you get that "Site unavailable" screen, there should be an error printed to the PHP error log. The exact location of the PHP error log depends on your operating system and configuration. In Ubuntu Linux, for instance, by default PHP errors are printed to the Apache error log at /var/log/apache2/error.log
  2. Turn on error display in your Mahara web front-end. In 1.7 you can do this easily by adding this to your config.php: "$cfg->productionmode=false;" . Then whe you get the "Site unavailable" screen you should see a big PHP error stack as well. (You may not want to do this option if your site is in live use by students, though, because it will show a big banner at the top of the page saying the site is not a production site, etc)

Anyway, try that to see if you can get a more specific error message, then share it here, and hopefully that will let us figure out what's gone wrong.

Cheers,

Aaron

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

10 August 2013, 13:02

Thanks Aaron, similar problem with Richard, i'm new to hear, will try to solve it.

3 results