Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
Group set-up dilemma

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 July 2013, 5:02

Hi there,

I'm trying to wrap my head around a group set-up and I'm having a hard time figuring it out. I'm working in v1.6. and this is what I'd like to do:

A Dean wants to allow acadmic departments to submit their Academic Reviews via Mahara. I think that is a great idea! She want's there to be a central group for department heads to find directions, get the template, and submit the final collection. I'd like some content within this group to be viewable by faculty that are not members of the group.

Additionally, I want there to be a group for each department, so that all department faculty can have access to, and edit the Academic Review collection. This group may also be a place where faculty can work on other departmental projects. They could use folders to keep files organized by project.

An admin of the group will copy the Acadmeic Review collection template into the group. From there, it could be worked on by faculty via the central files repository for the group. When the collection is complete, I'd like for the collection to be submitted to the central Acadmeic Review group. This way, the Deans, Provost, and President could review the collection, without worry of it being edited during that time.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

Marylena

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 July 2013, 6:43

I think I've pretty much figured this out on my own! Amazing how that works!

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

30 July 2013, 1:15

Hello Marylena,

Great tha you figured out what to do. Do you want to share your work flow? Using Mahara for academic review / tenure & promotion etc. is becoming more popular and your insight could be valuable for a number of users.

Cheers

Kristina

3 results