Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Cloud plugin on localhost

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 June 2013, 19:23

Hello Gregor,

Is it possible to run a Mahara site with the cloud plugin on localhost? I put all the client keys and secrets in for the apps that I wanted to choose, but when I'm in the block types, I don't see my Zotero library or Dropbox content although I definitely have something in them and I connected my accounts.

Do you know what might be going on there?

Thanks

Kristina

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

24 June 2013, 8:35

Which version of the plugin? And which version of Mahara?

Generaly it should work from localhost (that is the way I've tested it). Only GoogleDrive and SkyDrive need live server - everything elese worked from localhost.

HTH, G

25 June 2013, 16:11

Hi Gregor,

Sorry for not providing the technical info. I should know better. ;-)

It didn't want to work out of the box for 1.7 so I used Mahara 1.6 locally on Ubuntu 12.10 with Postgres. I used version 1.1.1 as on https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/Cloud

Cheers

Kristina

26 June 2013, 7:13

Hmmm....

Will look into it. I've developed and tested it only on MySQL?!? I wonder if maybe that got something to do with it? Are there any error logs?

Cheers, Gregor

26 June 2013, 7:18

Hey, I just remembered that there is (or at least should be) an INSTALL file inside htdocs/artefacts/cloud folder.

Did you follow instructions there?

Just in case I repost the installation instructions for cloud plugin here:

For this plugin to work correctly (work at all) you nedd to edit htdocs/view/blocks.php core Mahara file.

You have to add 'artefact/cloud/datatables/js/jquery.dataTables.js' string to javascript array around line 149, so it looks like this:

$javascript = array('views', 'tinymce', 'paginator', 'jquery', 'tablerenderer', 'artefact/file/js/filebrowser.js', 'artefact/cloud/datatables/js/jquery.dataTables.js', 'lib/pieforms/static/core/pieforms.js'); 

HTH, Gregor

26 June 2013, 8:10

Hello Gregor,

That worked. :-) I had not seen the install instructions because normally, I only need to click "Install" in the extensions. It might be good to point out the special instructions for this plugin on the download page. After having made the core JS change, it worked like a charm. :-)

Cheers

Kristina

26 June 2013, 8:59

Agree... Will do.

Kristina can you please also check that if you can add e.g. Dropbox block with some file to a page, then make it a public page and log out. Can you access that page (in logged out state) and view Dropbox files)?

I've just got feedback that it might not work on publicaly available pages if user is not logged in.

Thanks, Gregor

26 June 2013, 9:40

Hi Gregor,

I don't see my Zotero library and Dropbox file when logged out and viewing the public page. I hadn't gone through all possibilities yet.

Cheers

Kristina

8 results