Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Restoring Moodle 1.9 course on 2.4.3 Portal

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 May 2013, 7:21

I looked through the forum but I did not see a similar topic. 

I am attempting to restore a 1.9 course with Mahara assignment types onto a 2.4.3 server with the 2.x assignment type installed. 

The installation shows the assignment type as being installed along with the local folder but the course won't restore without this error:

error/unsupported_subplugin

Debug info: 

Error code: unsupported_subplugin
$a contents: assignment_mahara

I can't seem to find a workaround for it. Is it best to just remove the mahara assignment types from the courses prior to backing them up and restoring them? 

Or has someone else ran into this problem before and found a good workaround? 

Thanks

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

13 May 2013, 9:59

Hello Daniel,

Can you please check that the assignment type is not only installed but also an active / useable plugin (the "eye" is open)?

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 May 2013, 7:28

Unless I am missing something I wasn't aware Moodle allowed you to show/hide assignment types. 

Could you detail where I would go on Moodle to find this specific setting? I've been working with Moodle for 4 years and that setting doesn't exist to my knowledge. 

From what I can tell the plugin is installed correctly and I have worked with other Mahara installations on Moodle 2.x without issue. This is related specifically to restoring a 1.9 course on a 2.4.3 installation with the 2.0-2.2 assignment type installed. 

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

15 May 2013, 16:40

Hello Daniel,

Hehe. You are actually seeing the "eye" in your hide/show column in your first screenshot. It looks like the activity is enabled and thus it should import. I haven't heard reports from others not being successful. I think most people migrate the entire instance and then the assignment upgrades. I don't have a 2.4 with the assignment plugin installed at the moment to check. Maybe somebody else could do a quick check?

Cheers

Kristina

4 results